Cowgirl Pinup Pictures, Images and Photos

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Foaling Time!

Wow, I can't believe it is already time for our new babies to arrive. We are due to have one in just a couple of weeks and the second one a month later. I am kinda glad that they are spread apart this time. Gives me a bit of time in between to take a little nap. ;) Last year we had both colts within a few days of each other. It is nice having two babies at once though when it comes time to wean them as they have a buddy to keep them company through the process. We like to wean by just taking them away from their mommies and being done with it but I have heard of people doing it by putting the babies in a stall next to them for a few days first or across the fence. I have a hard time during the weaning season myself. I don't like to hear the babies cry for their mommies. Maybe I will do a little blogging this year on the foaling process. It is really very exciting. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment